Monday, April 11, 2022

David Byrne's AMERICAN UTOPIA (documentary; Spike Lee)

You have to see this -- you just do. The black rubber makes these instruments silent, but I don't see how this matters any more than the silent instruments of Stop Making Sense. But this doc is for musos, and those of us who wondered what David Byrne has been up to for the past 20 years. I've seen it on Crave and elsewhere. I wish my wife and daughter had seen this in their pre-COVID visit of Manhattan. I won't speak for the daughter but I know my wife would be over the moon with it. I was already green with envy and just days away from my hospital stay. I would've gotten over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

I am back to blogging  here .  It's easier for me to organize, for one thing. And it should be easier for you to comment.