Sunday, May 22, 2022

THAT LITTLE OL' BAND FROM TEXAS, dir. Sam Dunn

ZZ TOP is That Little Ol' Band From Texas, and Sam Dunn is that Sam Dunn, a Canucklehead kid whom I have praised and condemned in equal measure at my place, the other blog. This lies closer to Super Duper than it does Beyond The Lighted Stage. A viewer could be forgiven for thinking Billy Gibbons' Telecaster has more actual character than the band does. 

Fortunately I have a magazine -- Mojo's Classic Rock Albums. I see Amazon is selling it roughly what I paid for it. Classic Rock Albums makes for perfect bathroom reading BTW. Personalization is extra (seems an eight-year-old got fed up with me using the masking tape and dubbing her "sticker book" a "stinker book" and started using the masking tape as well. "Mojo" became "NoNo" and "Classic Rock" became "Classic Yuck!" "I didn't know I was so prescient!")

Ahem -- well, yes. It still makes for good toilet reading. And the magazine has a bit that includes a ZZ Top band member meeting his Man out in the Texan desert. The doc hints at this, but you really need the magazine to get the whole story. They might be mall-walkers now but there was a time, not so long ago, when you would do well to listen to your mother and stay away from them. 

The doc doesn't touch on any of this -- but the magazine does. 'Til then there's the music -- which is how the band would want it. I recommend  Rancho Texicano; after that you are on your own -- which is also how the band would want it. I saw ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band From Texas on Netflix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

I am back to blogging  here .  It's easier for me to organize, for one thing. And it should be easier for you to comment.