Wednesday, May 4, 2022

DUNE Part 1, dir. Denis Villeneuve (2021)

I don't know why DUNE is catnip for directors, especially those who have been bloodied (see, and support, the Wiki). But there you have it. This film is VERY visual. 

That said, I am the guy who sits beside you and loudly whispers, "Body-Shields: the slower you go the closer you get!" I don't know why you'd see this movie if you haven't read the novel. Villeneuve has done better with material not his own. See Arrival and Sicario for example. But that's just me. 

Hey, happy Star Wars Day, May the Fourth! And may The Force be with you -- always. God willing I will watch (the very Force-less)(alright, I blogged too soon. But the hockey-hair: oh myyy!) The Mandalorian tonight. Or read Sean Stewart Yoda: Dark Rendezvous or the many Dr. Aphra adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

I am back to blogging  here .  It's easier for me to organize, for one thing. And it should be easier for you to comment.