Sunday, May 1, 2022

THE BATMAN, dir. Matt Reeves; AMERICAN PSYCHO, dir. Mary Harron; THE LEGO BATMAN MOVIE, dir. Chris McKay

 The Batman -- it's okay, I guess. Robert Pattinson makes a convincing enough character  -- I guess. As do the others -- I guess. I couldn't understand finally why this was a movie and not a comic book. Read The Long Halloween or Dark Victory to see what I mean. Or, if you really must, watch Mask of the Phatasm.

And when did Christian Bale become the face of good humor for this character? You should see him as Patrick Bateman dancing to Huey Lewis and the News in Mary Harron's American Psycho. 

Finally run, don't walk, to see the finest "Batman" on the big screen: Will Arnett as the title character in Chris McKay's The LEGO Batman Movie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEWS!

I am back to blogging  here .  It's easier for me to organize, for one thing. And it should be easier for you to comment.